Superior, Comfortable Laser Hair Removal
The techniques we use for laser hair removal will eliminate hair and the chances of re-growth by neutralizing a large portion of hair follicles with the intense heat. Light energy is emitted from a laser source that turns to heat as it gets absorbed by a darkly pigmented target, commonly hair. This principle is called “photothermolysis.” According to the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, this procedure being used has been noted as being among the top non-surgical procedures.
Excel© HR combines a high-power 755 nm Alexandrite laser and a 1064 nm Nd:YAG laser – both lasers work together to make for safe, effective hair removal on any type of skin. This combination will not only allow for practical hair removal, but will also serve as a solution for epidermal pigmented lesions, vascular lesions, and for a skin revitalization procedure.
- Hair Removal
- Benign Pigmented Lesion Removal
- Facial Veins
- Leg Veins
- Laser Genesis
Before & After
How Excel© HR Works
With the wavelengths that come from the Nd:YAG and Alexandrite lasers, Excel© HR has been proven to be helpful for all types of skin. Excel© HR features a high-performance dual wavelength laser system, that being CUTERA’s proprietary truPulse™ – Nd:YAG technology.
It’s important to protect your skin from the effects of the heat, which could cause pain if not taken care of properly, since the laser hair removal process works through the generation of heat energy. Unlike other techniques, Excel© HR uses a technique called sapphire contact cooling to deliver continuous cooling before, during, and after every laser pulse.
This experience, the Excel© HR experience, has been known by people who have used it to be comfortable and pain-free compared to other lasers. Thanks to the sapphire cooling system, the skin can be “pre-cooled” right before a laser impulse, which will compensate laser induced heat with a cooling impulse at the same time, and will also give another cooling shot right after.
What Can I Expect?
All kinds of hair, whether coarse or fine, are able to be removed. Areas such as underarms, legs, and bikini areas can be treated efficiently due to the laser’s ability to cover more area in each treatment session with its sustained energy.
With the Alexandrite benefit, your skin will be kept smoother for longer, and will delay hair regrowth for a significant amount of time. This is due to penetrating deeper into skin tissue and directing a controlled amount of heat towards the hair.
Multiple sessions will be required to help give, once and for all, the hair-free and smooth look. 4 to 5 treatments are commonly recommended, and are spread out throughout 6-8 weeks, because it may take the hair 6-12 weeks to grow from the root to the surface. Treated hair will fall out within 15-21 days.
Although it is an effective treatment, many sessions are required due to hair growth occurring in three phrases: active growth or anagen phase, which is when the hair will contain a large amount of melanin; the regression or catagen phase, when the hair hasn’t been shed yet but has stopped growing; and the resting or telogen phase, when the shaft of hair becomes detached and prepares from the fresh hair.
This procedure of laser hair removal is effective when the hair is in the early anagen phase, because this is when the hair has a large amount of melanin. The melanin provides the laser the dark pigmentation necessary to let the procedure work properly.
Treatment should begin when the hair in the area treated begins to grow back. If the treatment becomes delayed, the hair shaft may enter the next stage of growth and detach from the hair follicle. This will increase the amount of necessary treatment sessions.
What Should I Do Before Treatment?
- Avoid tanning / sunbathing / direct sun exposure for a minimum of 2 weeks before the treatment.
- If recommended, apply anesthetic cream over the areas to be treated, at least one hour before your visit to the clinic. This ensures optimal numbing.
- We advise you to shave off the hair in the areas to be treated, before your visit to the clinic. Not only will it save you time, it will make your session a lot more comfortable.
A few points to note related to shaving before your session:
- Shave around 2-3 hours before the session.
- Wet shaving should only be done using shaving foam or a skin cleanser and a razor.
- Do not use electric shaving machines/epilators/depilators/shaving creams.
- Be careful to not cut your skin.
- Leave a small patch of skin unshaven. This will enable the provider to identify the hair type/status.
What Should I Do After Treatment?
- Avoid other hair removal methods aside from shaving and epilation creams in between sessions.
- Do not bleach, wax, thread or pluck hair throughout the course of the treatment.
- Do not apply henna to treated areas 7-10 days prior to and after the treatment.
- Avoid sunbathing/direct sun exposure for a minimum of 2 weeks after the treatment.
- Apply sunscreen on a regular basis 20 minutes before stepping out and repeat 2 to 3 times in the course of the day.
Personalized Body Sculpting
truSculptiD is a personalized body sculpting treatment for any shape or body type. The revolutionary truSculptiD is clinically proven to eliminate fat in stubborn areas around your abdomen and flanks. The procedure is as little as a 15-minute, hand-free treatment per area, completely personalized to your individual needs with no downtime.
This powerful, non-invasive, Moonpolar RF platform delivers safe, clinically proven results. truSculptiD treats the entire fat layer, resulting in an average 24% permanent fat reduction. It offers unique handpiece placement location to treat large or multiple body areas simultaneously.
Results can be visible after just one treatment, with maximum results seen after 12 weeks.